Thursday, March 23, 2006

DON'T LOOK AT ME!

filed under:

So somehow I picked up this eye infection called blepheritis in my right eye and it sucks. It's incurable and it sucks.

The best I can do is to keep it under control. So for the next few days I'll be putting it's hot compresses 2-4 times a day to get the gunk out, then if my eye is still swollen I get antibiotics and steroids.

Right now my right eye is very swollen and I've been hiding in the sanctuary of my office so I don't scare the faint of heart and small children. I've already heard "Eeeeewww, what happened to your eye?" 3 times this morning. Some mook asked me if my wife hit me.

It doesn't hurt, but if it develops into a sty it will.

So... what did you have for lunch?

4 comments:

LisaPal said...

Blepharitis is pretty common and there are several variants of it. I've had it and had it flare up a few times. I only looked like a troll with the first occurance, which started on a flight to Paris and lasted almost the whole trip, which was NOT fun. Actually, I looked more like Matthew Broderick's character in Election after he got stung on the eyelid by a bee, though I did get to pose as an uber-cool chick behind my sunglasses day and night.

This will pass and you'll be back to your old handsome self before long. But keep those eyelids clean!

Richard said...

Awe poor guy! I just got knocked out flat for three days, but what I would swear was some avian flu. I felt about as good as you look, I'm guessing.

Richard said...

HEY!!! ~yelling~ HEY!! Where are you? Come on have you given up on us out here?

pi22seven said...

Sorry guys, I've been trying to stay away from the internet so I can re-learn guitar!

So far I've got about 8 really strong songs with about a thousand little parts floating around that might become songs.

Lyrics are another story.

I'll be back soon I think. :-)