Tuesday, May 23, 2006

list

For some reason I started thinking about all of the concerts I've been to, so I though I'd make a list. I've seen some pretty good shows along with a few embarrassments.

This list will be incomplete for 2 reasons, first off I'm not dead and second because I remember remembering more shows. This list does not include the hundreds and hundreds of club shows I've seen.

Anyway, here you go and make your own.

The Ramones
Judas Priest
Def Leppard
Devo
The Who
Rush
Billy Squire
Steel Breeze
The Pretenders
The Alarm
Thompson Twins
The Go-Gos
A Flock of Seagulls
The Police
Joe "King" Carrasco
Talk Talk
Frankie Goes To Hollywood
Jason and the Nashville Scorchers
The Romantics
U2
The Hooters
The Pixies
The Psychedelic Furs
Berlin
The Clash
Bob Dylan
Wire Train
Soul Asylum
Screaming Trees
Albert Collins
Spin Doctors
Prince
Sheila E.
Dez Dickerson
Billy Idol
Kiss
Wendy O. Williams
Foo Fighters
Transplants
Eric Johnson
UB40

5 comments:

Richard said...

Flock of Seaguls has got to be on the top of your list of embarrasments???

And I ran, I ran so far away, got to get away

pi22seven said...

Yeah, they pretty much top that list. They opened for The Go-Gos so it's not like I actually went to see AFOSGs. Still...

U2 was touring Asia and their plane was hit by a flock of seagulls causing an emergency landing. One of them was heard to say "Why couldn't the plane have been hit by a better band?"

Richard said...

I must say that should count as a strike against the Go-Go's. Must have been a Manic Monday.

pi22seven said...

LOL!!!

You dork that was The Bangles. Easy mistake though.

Richard said...

Ahh yes, same era and the Bangles were definitely a Go-Go's wannabe. Had some very good stuff for them selves though.