Thursday, June 01, 2006

Can you dumb it down a little more, please? Pt. II

filed under:

So after trying out iWeb for a couple of days it no longer is on my Mac and no trip is on the agenda.

It's not that it's a bad app... well maybe a little. It puts out huge files that take forever to load. Even when you start with a blank page, your creations still feel like template pages.

But worst of all, one click publishing to a non-.mac website isn't possible. It's not like it'd be hard to include, Apple just chose not to. Yeah, I know that Apple wants me to buy a .mac account but that doesn't mean they should cripple their software to force me into the purchase.

When apple fixes these problems I'll be more than happy to plunk down my cash to buy iWeb. Until then, SMART MOVE APPEL!!!!11!!!!1!1

3 comments:

Elliot said...

I'm torn. I love how easy it is to make great looking sites. But I have to maintain my integrity as a web developer by 1) not publishing crap code, 2) providing logical nomenclature and URLs, and 3) keeping the images to a manageable file size.

I'm about to post a project of mine that was done in iWeb. I'm tempted to redo the whole thing in Freeway (my usual web design software of chose), but that's a lot of extra effort.

I'm looking forward to version 2.0.

LisaPal said...

Hey! Happy Birthday, Solstice Boy!

pi22seven said...

Thanks for the Birthday wishes Lisa!!!

I really need keep an eye on this place.