Tuesday, July 11, 2006

ancient tech

filed under:


It doesn't look good for our oven.

The power switch stopped working last night. Just stopped. I tried using electronics cleaner on it but no go. It is kaput.

So I tried looking for a replacement on the internets. Nothing, nein, nada. Nobody seems to have a replacement switch.

I kind of expected that would be the case since our house is over 50 years old with a lot of the original fixtures, appliances and plumbing.

But the age of the thing didn't hit me until I did a search on the patent number and found out it's true (approximate) age.

Oh joy, I'm screwed.

2 comments:

LisaPal said...

And how old did it turn out to be? As old as the house? If you come visit us in New Orleans, I'll give you my oven/stove. It works great. I just have no kitchen left. (And when I do reprovision the gutted room, I'm getting a new one to go with the rest of the appliances.)

We're having a blogger convention on the weekend preceeding the anniversary of The Storm. You should come.

pi22seven said...

I really need to check comments more often!

The switch is a 50+ year old design and so far nobody has it.

Though one online vendor might have it.