Thursday, August 31, 2006

special commentary

filed under:, and

I started becoming a fan of Keith Olbermann's about 2 months ago. I don't know what time his show is on, but when I channel surf across it I stop.

But after a his response to a recent Donald Rumsfeld speech I may have to find out when his show actually comes on.

Crooks and Liars has the video of Keith Olbermann delivering his special commentary on Rumsfeld.

Dissent and disagreement with government is the life’s blood of human freedom; and not merely because it is the first roadblock against the kind of tyranny the men Mr. Rumsfeld likes to think of as "his" troops still fight, this very evening, in Iraq.

It is also essential. Because just every once in awhile, it is right and the power to which it speaks, is wrong.


I think the reason Olbermann's words resonate with me so is that I have felt like people around me think I'm crazy for doubting the Bush Admin. Like somehow they're more American than I am just because I question.

No comments: