Tuesday, December 12, 2006

English Channel

Here's a picture of the English Channel that I finally finished.

It gets you real close to the sound of a Vox AC30 for about $1,000 cheaper.

The clean sound is like the early Beatles sound, but the dirty sound actually sounds more Marshall like than it should. I probably need to go inside and re-bias the transistors a little closer to the specified voltages.

It plays well with the 250, Phase 90 and my BYOC Delay but it hates my Distortion+ and Tremolo pedals. But this might be fixed with the re-biasing thing.

The boy kinda freaked on how close it sounds to a real Vox. He even hinted that he'd like one.

Maybe for a bday present.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi,

i'm having similar problems with building "the english channel" pedal. would it be possible for you to help
me with answering a couple of questions? if so, please contact me at marin.vlah@gmail.com or ICQ #817401. thank you thank you!