Thursday, March 01, 2007

Now with pretentiousness! Yum!

I finally broke down.

After years of hemming and/or hawing, I have finally purchased a Moleskine.

For those who don't know, a Moleskine is one of those (mostly) little black notebooks with the elastic strap that artists, writers and other creative types use to jot down ideas and whatnot.

Allegedly.

Anyway, I've always been enamored with them. There's something about them that suggests they carry content of weight, that whatever is written inside their black covers matter. I think part of it is that I've always prefered to write with a fountain pen because it felt like it lent weight to what I was scribbling, like I was creating.

Quality in anything comes at a price, so after passing by them in the stores for years I finally made my purchase.

Almost at once I started wondering what was hidden inside for my pencil (until I find the right pen) to uncover.

I've already used 4 pages just on random things, but it feels like I've found a muse.


UPDATE:

I found THIS after looking for some tips. HAH!

Here's a cool FlickR stream.

No comments: