Monday, July 09, 2007

So, I finally did it...

So I finally got the Epiphone '56 Gold Top Reissue last week.

Initial likes: everything.

Initial dislikes: nothing.

So far this guitar is a winner. The action was seriously screwed up with a major back bow. All kinds notes were fretting out all over the fretboard. Adjusting the truss rod a couple of times and taking the action back down at the bridge turned it in to a real joy to play.

It doesn't play like a $499 guitar, it really feel and sounds like it should cost at least triple.

In my exctiement though, I forgot to order the case!

3 comments:

LisaPal said...

Yay! Glad you took the leap.

Matt said...

Congoats!

PS: what's up with the AAFs?

pi22seven said...

AAF is borked. I heard a rumor that it was down until the 8th but I can't remember who said it.

We seem to be ending up at ch54. Even Zammy.