Friday, May 25, 2007

New Moleskine!

This evening after dinner we went to Borders.

I love going to the bookstore. I always get a buzz off of it. It's not like I've had time to read lately, I just wanted a new book.

Books have weight. Books matter. So even if I'm ignoring a book, at least I'm ignoring something great (hopefully).

On this ocassion though, I wasn't really looking for a book but a new Moleskine.

I love my Moleskine, it is my blank slate, my confidant, my one indulgence. I carry it everywhere and scribble throughout the day. Sometimes notes, sometimes lyric ideas, but lateley I've ebeen sketching. Just simple sketches of the things that surround me. My clock, a speaker, the head light on a truck are in my mole.

But the paper rips easy. So... the sketchbook.

I think I'll still use my personal mole for roughing out ideas, but the new mole will get the finals drafts.

No comments: