Thursday, May 31, 2007

We got it, you're the President. Now can you quit fucking us over?

This should surprise me, but it doesn't.

Georgie Anne Geyer: A spreading terror | Dallas Morning News:
"Friends of his from Texas were shocked recently to find him nearly wild-eyed, thumping himself on the chest three times while he repeated 'I am the president!' He also made it clear he was setting Iraq up so his successor could not get out of 'our country's destiny.'"

This scares me for a couple of reasons.

If you have to tell people that you are in charge, then you aren't in charge. That's not how power works. It's like telling people how cool you are; if you are, you don't.

But the part that really bothers me is that he has chosen our destiny and we will be forced to follow it no matter what. What if "We the people" want out of this destiny? I thought we kind of showed that we wanted a change, did you not get the memo?

This newest revalation begs the question: have we ever had a president removed for being crazier than a shithouse rat?

I truly believe that our president dillusional and needs to be removed. But what can we do? Are there protocols for this? Is there a manual in the Whitehouse that plans for this sort of thing?

To be honest though, I don't beleive that he'll leave office after the next election. I think he'll break in his new, self granted emergency dictator powers and it'll take a coup to remove the madman from office.

4 comments:

Pablo said...

There may be grounds for impeachment but the Democrats won't dare. Removing him for insanity is allowed by the 25th amendment, I think, but you'd need the full cabinet to do it. And then Cheney would be president. You ready for that?

I don't think he can stay, even if he'd want to. He'd need the support of the military, and he doesn't have it.

Pablo

pi22seven said...

Hmmm... Cheney as President.

You see, I've always thought that Cheney was the puppet master. I just have a hard time bekieving that Bush is really running the show.

LisaPal said...

Don't forget Carl Rove, AKA Bush's Brain.

LisaPal said...

BTW, the tags on this post are just one more reason for me to love you.