Wednesday, July 09, 2008

New and free? WIN WIN!

I'm a cheap bastard. I haven't gone early-bird dinner yet, but I seem to be on my way. So imagine the thrill I got after finding Free Albums Galore.

Free Albums Galore is run by some guy named Marvin who takes the time to chase down legal free music sources. Now, your not going to find much (read any) mainstream commercial stuff linked, but you are more than likely to find music that you've never heard or heard of before.

Most of the links go directly to artists' sites that have free DLs. Some of the artists ask for a small donation if you like the music, which is more than fair to offset bandwidth costs.

From the FAQ:
I won’t link to files that require site registration before downloading, or to files with restrictive DRM. I also won’t link to albums with seperate tracks hosted as a single, inseperable track.

No comments: