Monday, August 11, 2008

One of the things I learned from "Mad Max"...



The one thing I took from the "Mad Max" movies is that the deathlands we'll live in after the fall of society will be populated by dirty, smelly, sweaty, dangerous people.

So in an effort to make myself a little more valuable to the powers that be in the post-apocolyptic wasteland and to make those powers smell better, I have taken it upon myself to learn how to make soap.

Teach Soap seems to have the most information for the novice soap maker. It may be too light hearted for a soap maker of the apocalypse.

Free Recipes for making soap from scratch has everything you'd want to buy to make your own soap, but the website looks "crafty". Meh.

How To Make Soap is exactly what I was looking for. Actual instruction on how to make soap from fucking scratch.

I'll keep you up to date on how long it takes me to blow this off.

2 comments:

LisaPal said...

I've been blowing this idea off for years. I have, however, been known to produce some pleasing melt-and-pours. I have tons of links to soap-making sites and suppliers, if you want more to add to the buildup. Heh.

pi22seven said...

LISA LIVES!

I tried some local soaps and I really think I can kick their asses!

But I'll prolly just get bored and find something else to forget about.

sigh