Thursday, February 03, 2005

Guess what I want now!

I forgot how much I was addicted to buying guitar gear.

This (seen below)



is an Aramat Effects TrebleMaster Boost. YAY!!!!!

It's a very subtle effect. It boosts the treble and gain to hammer your amplifiers pre-amp into submission and creamy tones. Think Brian May's sound on early Queen albums, or Clapton's "Beano" sound.

This thing new would cost $139 US, but it looks like I may be falling into one on the cheap.

Lets hope cuz I have one more guitar effect to buy after that. :sneak:

2 comments:

LisaPal said...

Sounds like a I've been trying to see if it's possible to get sounds like that (and others, like Santana's etc.) with Garage Band, only. So far, I find it kinda frustrating, as I can get close, but not quite there. I know you were messing around with electric guitar and GB, too. So, I ask you, is this even possible? I'm more of an acoustic girl, so I need an expert opinion on this. I don't want to spend a bunch of time trying to accomplish the impossible.

pi22seven said...

Lisa I don't think you can get the exact tones you're looking for in GB if you plug your guitar straight in to your Mac.

I was getting frustrated like you, getting close but not there. Then I figured out what was missing.

Air.

Those great tones were made by cranking the amp and pushing air around in front of a mic. The air gave the sound weight.

But that's the prob with even the best modeling amplifiers, no "unh" from smacking the air around.

SMART MOVE APPLE! [/z]