Sunday, February 20, 2005

The whole band thing

It looks like I'll have a band soon. I've been itching to play so I started getting it together.

I called up Rueben who was the guitar player in my last band 10 years ago and asked him if he wanted in. He said "OK". We're looking for a bass player but we may have the drummer.

I've talked about "Bob" before and he has some family issues that will prolly keep him from joining. But I know of a couple more who might join up.

I was worried about rehearsal space until I remembered that a guy at work just opened a studio and he might let us have some cheap time.

The thing that I didn't remember is that it takes time to put stuff together.

2 comments:

Richard said...

Good for you, it's always great to get together and do what you enjoy doing. You've only been collecting new guitar toys for a while now, time to put them to use. Will you play gigs anyplace, and most importantly will you be posting any jams for your blog readers?

pi22seven said...

Sorry for the delay in answering..

We played gigs before so that' what we want to do now. We've been away from the scene a long time so we have to start building a buzz about us before we even announce our first gig.

Rueben's still waiting for his amp to be fixed and the guitar he bought just arrived so it'll be at least a month before we play.

We decided that we'd let the past be the past and leave our old songs alone and just write new ones so that'll add to time.

We'll prolly work on songs this week and start looking for a bass player. Maybe a drummer too.