Tuesday, April 12, 2005

It's that time again...

It's April.

April is my busiest time of year. It's when it all hits at work and Mary's birthday falls in the middle of the whole mess.

Next week are 3 parades that I am producing for TV. The most important part of my job is to make sure we hit our breaks so we can pay the bills. The hardest part of the gig is to pace a live event that is totally out of my control.

Then ratings start at the end of next week so I get to edit more than my share of sweeps news promos.

And I still have all of my commercial work to deal with.

But things could be worse.

One of the other 2 producer/directors in my department is shipping out Friday to Iraq for 5 months or so. He's a combat camera guy so he'll be where the shooting is. He's not acting scared, so we've been doing it for him.

I'm tired already and it hasn't even started.

No comments: