Tuesday, August 02, 2005

1,800


The death toll for US forces in Iraq has now passed 1,800.

I can't imagine that anyone feels that we are better off since invading Iraq. Not the Iraqis and certainly not the family and friends of the dead.

I feel so angry and frustrated. I'm angry with our government for this war ever starting. I'm frustrated with the people I live and work with who think that this war is a good thing and for still not realizing how their emotions were used against them.

But mostly I fear for my son who becomes eligible in four years.

Four years is not nearly long enough for anyone to untangle the mess we are in.

I know some parents that voted for Bush in the last election who are looking for ways out for their kids. What the fuck did they expect? I want to scream at them that they voted for this so they can pay for it.

I know it's heartless but that's the place I'm at right now.

1 comment:

LisaPal said...

I know how you feel. Alex now has less than a year before he must register. It does only seem fair that the folks who were all for this president and this war should be first in line to send their kids to fight for what they still believe was the right thing to do.