Monday, August 08, 2005

obit


When I found out last week that Dixon Coulbourn had died I went through all the emotions that mourners have.

After a couple of days all I had left was anger. Dix deserved to die as much as any of us, but for him to die in what looks like a fuckup of a fuckup really did fill me rage.

A few days after that I mellowed. Dix was a really cool guy that affected everyone around him in a positive way. He wouldn't want me wishing harm on anyone.

As I was writing this I Googled Dix and found quite a few online obits for him. All of them good and heartfelt. I can't do them or Dix justice with my own attempt so I do something different.

I want you to meet Dix. The Idle Time Scrapbook is a chronicle of those times through Dix's eyes and is prolly the best way to meet him now.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Virtually nothing in life makes sense, least of all death. I am sorry for the loss, and send you and his family my well wishes thoughts of support during this time.