Saturday, October 22, 2005

Scratch the Scrambler

filed under:

I was going to order all the stuff to build an Ampeg Scrambler this week (Did I mention I'm on vacation?), but as I was digging around in my box-o-crap I found the printed circuit board for a Tube Screamer clone that I got for free this past Summer. I'd forgotten all about it so I was pretty surprised when I found it.

The TS808 is a cool overdrive that a bunch of guitar players like because it sounds pretty warm and organic. The original is very sought after with Ebay prices hovering around $500.

I plan on getting most of the components at a local electronics store called A-Tex, which my son describes as "The Most Boring Place on the Planet". They have almost everything including the metal enclosure box, except the knobs I like (knobs = personality) and the 3PDT Carling footswitch. I'll prolly order the footswitch from Aron over at DIYstompboxes.com since it'll help keep his excellent website going.

Of course my plans depend on how many "honey dos" I get and how many of them I can put off until the week after my vacation.

No comments: