Tuesday, October 04, 2005

This got nominated?!?!??!?!?

filed under:

When I got nominated for an Emmy for a news promo I edited I really couldn't remember what the promo looked like or anything else about the thing.

So last week I went looking for it and was kind of let down. The promo was one that was just thrown together. If I remember corretly the producer was shooting footage while I was editing and I was merely wallpapering the spot to get it done by deadline. Not one of my better efforts at all.

The thing that gets me is that I have done much better work, spots that in mind deserve recognition. But those spots didn't get submitted by the station.

So here it is, the spot that is getting all the hoop and hollar at work.

I just wish that something like this promo had been sent in instead.

BTW, movies are dial-up hostile.

1 comment:

Aulia said...

You just can't figure out the Academy can ya huh? Sometimes the work you discard actually gets the prize, go figure. There's no accounting for taste.