Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Clients are teh suck!

filed under:

Working with clients is always an adventure. Most of the time things work out, but this week...

I was supposed to have a shoot for Client "A" yesterday morning but it got cancelled. Luckily I called him Tuesday morning to double-triple confirm the shoot but he wasn't in, so I left him a message to call me at the station on his cell. Of course he didn't call back so I called him throughout the afternoon. When I finally got him at 6pm he cancelled the shoot. When I asked him when he was going to tell me since the shoot was the next morning he tried to play it off as no big deal, until I told him that I would've had to charge him $500.

Today I had to move a shoot for tomorrow morning to Friday morning because the client didn't do his part of the job. Since we have really low prices we don't provide "talent/actors" or locations for commercials; that bit is up to the client to provide. Since this client is the "talent" for his spot, all he needed to find was the location which in this case is a swimming pool. He claimed he couldn't find a pool for the spot. He had 2 weeks to find a pool but he said "I can't find one". I just started laughing because HE FUCKING HAS A POOL AT BOTH OF HIS HOUSES! That's right, 2 pools and 2 houses and he couldn't find even one. I didn't bust him but he knew that I knew he was full of shit. So I moved the shoot.

The one commercial that went through this week was from the neediest client I've ever had. The client is in another city so we use email to communicate. But when we work on projects he emails me about 6 or 7 times a day. Usually the first one is a question and the rest are emails asking me if I got his first email. Actually I don't think he's needy, I think he needs therapy.

Sweeps ratings are here so I should get a break from clients for a few weeks. Meh.

No comments: