Thursday, December 08, 2005

Trouble shooting

filed under:


The Screamer clone is wired up and of course it doesn't work. And of course it has to be due to operator (or in this case, builder) error.

I've been going through the circuit trying to find cold solders, bad components and such but even with helpfrom the engineers at work I haven't been able to locate the problem. I did however figure out today that instead of using a 1/4" stereo jack for the input that also turns the unit on I had put in some other kind of jack, so the unit was not getting any electricity at all. That's a real n00b mistake so color me dumbass.

After replacing the jack I got a little frustrated because the silly thing still refuses to work.

When I get it home I'm going to rip it out of the case and really go through the whole thing one part at a time and finally get it working before I get too upset with the whole thing and start crying like a little girl.

No comments: