Saturday, June 25, 2005

Bender update

I started assembling the Tonebender MKII that my fam was kind enough to gift me for my Birth/Father's Day. I was doing just a little bit each night after work so I could enjoy the experience of building the thing.

I finished it the Thursday night and gave it a go.

The tone was pure retro buzzola fuzz that cleans up nicely when you back off the guitar's volume. The fuzz tone is nice and wooly while the cleaner tones sound almost like a treble boost.

The box needs to be painted but for all purposes I'm done. I think I might go buy a local chopper shop and see if they'll pait the box for cheap. They might get a kick out it.

The only bad thing about the whole affiar is that I think I may be addited to builder effects pedals now.

When/if I get it painted I post pics.

No comments: