Friday, September 08, 2006

Rock And Roll Confidential | Your Band Sucks

filed under:,

After sounding out a few guys about forming a band I'm starting to get frustrated.

A band is a special thing. If one piece is wrong the whole thing falls apart. It has to gel just right.

Part of the problem is that a couple of the guys have young kids and don't really have the time they think they have. Guess what guys, having a family is a big obligation. If you have a baby you need to be home. Two others just didn't have it. They we're good guys but they couldn't keep the beat.

I did however get my office mate "Bob" to commit to drums. Big step.

I'm hoping to end up with me on guitar, "Bob" on drums and a couple of guys to pick up piano and bass. I really want a piano player, not a synth player.

But at this point I feel like I've been stopped. It's just taking so long to find the right people.

So the brick wall picture serves me well. It's an obstacle, but it can be knocked down.

It also represents a recurring theme of bad band promo photos. Rock And Roll Confidential has the best of the worst.

Note to self: DO NOT END UP ON THAT SITE!

1 comment:

LisaPal said...

Glad your comments are back up.

That site made me laugh out loud so many times that I think I woke some people up in the house next door. I can't wait to use some of those photos in my Music Marketing class next spring.