Wednesday, September 06, 2006

ROCK and/or ROLL SHOW!

filed under:

I was on the couch just kind of vegging out after dinner when out of nowhere the boy started screaming "OHMYGOD, OHMYGOD, OHMYGOD!!!" from the iMac.

This not being his typical computer behavior I asked him what was wrong.

"WILCO!!!"

"There's something wrong with Wilco?"

"THEY'REGONNABEHERE!!!"

After he calmed down I found out that Wilco is coming to town. This is a big deal. San Antonio is not a Wilco town. In fact it's been called "The Heavy Metal Mecca of the World" for good reason, it's true. Metal bands make sure to stop by because they know that they'll sell more tickets in San Antonio than anywhere else on the tour. In fact the hard rock/early metal band Legs Diamond used to reunite once a year just to play in San Antonio.

The show is at a very small amphitheatre that also triples as a bar and a train station. We got tickets online so I have no way to gauge what the crowd will be like but I can't imagine that'll be more than 1000.

On one hand I want them to have a great turnout, but I'd kinda like "An Intimate night with Wilco".

No comments: