Wednesday, November 03, 2004

1,462 days to go...

The outcome of the election left me sour for a bit.

The guy I voted for lost. I had a right to be angry.

But after a while I remembered that people like my friend aurostion had given of themselves for this election. They gave their time and sweat to knock on doors, make phone calls, stuff envelopes and damn near anything else you can think of to get the word out.

What did I do?

I might have changed a couple of votes at work, but really I didn't do a damn thing.

I pressed "Vote" on an electronic ballot machine. That's all. That only gives me the right to be disappointed, not angry.

But not next time. Next time I will do more. Next time I will make the calls and knock on doors and lose the sleep.

This time though I have to settle for saying thank you aurostion for your convictions and hard work.

No comments: