Sunday, November 21, 2004

We have a winner!


It looks like our hunt for a new car may be over.

The Scion xB has shown itself to be a quite a value and a joy to drive. It's mileage is really great at 31 and 34 mpg and to make matters better Consumer Reports rated it as the 2nd most reliable small car.

So Monday I'll call the sales guy (though he didn't try to sell me anything) to get ours made and hopefully we'll have it at the end of the week,


Scion xB
Originally uploaded by pi22seven.

My boss was giving me crap about it earlier in the week when I told him we we're looking at them. "Those things are the ugliest things on the road". I pointed out that there are still Aztecs on the road and that if I got one I'd be on the inside and wouldn't be able to notice.

If you're looking for a car, give the xB a try. It handles a lot differently than it looks and is pretty zippy for the price.

I'll let you guys know more as the week goes on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan of the styling but that's why I don't have one. New car time is a terrific time. Congrats on the impending Toyotaness!

LisaPal said...

I think that it's "ugliness" is what makes it so cool. It's kind of like a mini-retro-Wagoneer or something. (But the Aztec is just plain ugly.)