Friday, November 05, 2004

Now wait second...

The regional Emmys were given out a couple of weeks ago.

A spot that I'd worked on was nominated, and won. Yea.

I haven't written about it because I'm not in the least happy about it. In fact I'm fucking pissed.

The spot was about a male libido booster. The video showed a basketball on a surface being magically inflated, then pulled away with no inflation device being shown.

Most of you know that in the "art" of video/film editing timing is everything. Without a good sense of timing the best story becomes crap.

Even though this spot had only one shot for 15 seconds, it was actually made up of 7 different clips time changed so the basketball would inflate to the beat of the music I chose. All of the clips had to be painted to match for effect and to get rid of the nipple from the air pump and the edges of the table the ball was resting on.

It was work, but the spot looked good, pulled in viewers and ended up winning an Emmy.

So why am I pissed?

I am pissed because the producer who submitted the work for nomination listed himself as the editor. Not me, but himself. When I asked him about it he said "What did you edit? It was only one shot." I was so furious I couldn't say anything.

This was a couple of weeks ago. I'm still very pissed.

I'm going to talk to him about it on Monday. If he feels that my time and contributions to the spot don't deserve merit, then why did he claim that he edited the spot?

I hates liars and thieves.

4 comments:

LisaPal said...

When I first started reading this post, I was thinking, "Congratulations!" until I got toward the end. Now I have no idea what to say??!! I still think I should congratulate you since it WAS your work, but how hollow that sounds in the light of the theivery.

I say make 'em right the wrong!

Anonymous said...

Aren't most producers jerks?
Inject milk into his chair one weekend you are on severe storm duty, see how he edits that!

pi22seven said...

I've already started revenge. :sneek:

This week I added the words "teh" and "waht" to his dictionary so he looks like a dumbass in his memos.

LisaPal said...

Ohhhh! Sheer brilliance! I love it! (Filed away for future reference.)