Monday, November 01, 2004

lowtone it is, I guess.

I was divided between 2 names for a band that I'm putting together. My first choice was bad robot, the other was lowtone.

I was really leaning toward bad robot. It has some fun ideas attached to it. lowtone is just meh in comparison.

Flash to last night where my 13 year old son was playing his first "real" gig with a band he threw together on Wednesday at a football teamate's house. I walk up to house to pick him up and spy the drummer's bass drum. On it were the words bad robot.

GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

He owes me bigtime.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Plus I'm sure you know, given what you do for a living, that Bad Robot is also the name of JJ Abrams' production company (or whatever the name for it is) that does Lost and Alias. I don't know if that would be a factor in your decision or not.

-thin

pi22seven said...

I'm a great fan of JJ's and the name is partly in homage of his work.

But I actually nicked it from a show about assembly line robots I saw about 10 years ago. They had a "bad robot" in section whatever that was spraying paint everywhere.

The funny thing is that when I suggested it for a name back then, the other guys said it reminded them of Bad English.

Anonymous said...

Bad English!

I saw them open for Whitesnake about...geez, I guess it's been about fourteen years ago. Yowch.

-thin