Tuesday, January 11, 2005

REGISTER THIS!!!

Just about every decent newspaper in the world that has a website forces you to register to enter their site.

I hate registering. If it's not a membership thing and not a paid site then why bother? I hate them, I hate them good.

Well just about when I couldn't cope with register here, there and everywhere when I was looking for Tsunami updates, a link to BugMeNot.com popped up in a thread at AppleAddict.com.

BugMeNot.com sort of a repository for member names and passwords to websites that use them. Want to read something at the Chicago Tribune? BugMeNot.com is your answer. Just plug in the url for the site you want to visit and up pops a member name and password.

Fucking brilliant!

It's kinda fun to press the "This login didn't work" button just to see the funny names and pws. so far my fave is

asstelescope
asspipe

for obvious reasons.

My web experience would increase ten-fold if someone would drop a user name and password for News Blues.

After posting this I noticed that Richard over at Electronic Ephemera had posted a link.

Spread the word while it still works.

2 comments:

Richard said...

I usually like to try and provide a link to bugmenot for any article that is on a site that forces registration. I HATE registrations, but the NYT is hyper-vigilent, I think they have somebody monitoring bugmenot to delete accounts.

pi22seven said...

I couldn't remember what thread I saw it in!

You sir are a god amongst men. :salutes: