Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Swell, just swell.

Today Mary took the xB to work so I got to drive our '87 Landcruiser. The "Vistacruiser" is a great vehicle that can go anywhere, but it drives like a tank and gets about the same mileage.

I forgot to check the gas gauge until I got to work and almost choked on my coffee when I saw I was down to E.

I hate it when I get the empty car. (insert pissed emoticon here)

So after work I left for the petrol station (I really don't say "petrol", I just feel very pretentious at the moment). Steering felt a bit sluggish but I thought that it was due to me driving the zippy xB and blew it off. Filled her up and hit the highway.

Steering was waaaay sluggish and pulled to the left so I pulled of in to a parking lot to check WTF.

The driver's front tire was deflated but not flat, and I couldn't hear leak. But I saw a big fucking screw sticking out. I hate screws in my tire. They suck.

By the time I got home and the tire off, the tire shop was closed. And my spare was flat after 5 years of neglect. Go figure.

So I get to ride my tire around and get it fixed tomorrow. YAY ME!

2 comments:

Richard said...

Days like those do just SUCK. Hope tomorrow is better.

Richard said...

oh, I just noticed the blue, nice!