Monday, November 21, 2005

Saturday shopping

filed under:fashion

It's starting to get cold here, Winter has finally come. What I mean by that is that it's getting down to 40ish and only up to 75 in the afternoon.

To celebrate we went shopping to get a better coat for the boy and some shirts for myself.

The boy is hovering around 6'1" at 14 and has outgrown his heavy coat, so with the weather turning we really needed to get him some warm outer wear. First stop was Academy where we found a tough fabric jacket for the boy that felt very warm and a couple of shirts for me. The wife wasn't content so we went to Burlington Coat Factory to "look for more coats" which translates into "look at purses".

I'd been looking for a new coat for a while and went in to leathers just to kill time while Mary looked at purses. After a couple of minutes I found this coat for $129. Tried it on and got it. At first I was feeling a little guilty, a hold over reaction from when we were dirt poor. This is the most expensive article of clothing that I ever owned and even though we can easily afford it now I feel like I'm spending money we don't have.

We also found a really kick ass, fake leather jacket for the boy for only $20 so the other jacket is going back tomorrow.

No comments: