Friday, September 10, 2004

Now I'm pissed at Musician's Friend!

I had the bug a couple of weeks ago, but shook it off. I had the itch, but ignored it until it went away.

But now, now I feel it hitting full force. And I know in my heart that I am weak, that I will break soon. I know that the forces that have kept me from buying some new piece of guitar gear will be defeated and I will have to explain some new purchase to my wife.

My son got a Musician's "Friend"(ha!) catalog in the mail last week and with a Pavlovian response my mouth watered and I leafed through the guitars.

They say love at first site is possible and I believe. There it is, the Gretsch Duo Jet. That's prolly what I'm gonna have to explain.

And when Mary kills me for buying it, Josh will have a new guitar.

duojet
Originally uploaded by pi22seven.

1 comment:

LisaPal said...

If you're going to do it, you might want to check Sweetwater, which has it for several hundred less than Musician's Friend (Ha!), and with free shipping.

Or check e-Bay...I got a FANTASTIC deal on my last acoustic through a guy with a shop in Virginia. (Acoustic Axis.com— very few, if any, electrics there, though. Mostly your small esoteric manufacturer of very fine instruments. Their website is pathetic and they've been promising better for quite some time, but they are truly great folks and you can tell them I said so, not that they really know me or anything...)

Musical happiness is so important,so I say, go for it (but I am highly biased) but you should try save as much as you can, because it sounds like you're probably going to pay twice! :-)