Saturday, July 16, 2005

Bender Update MKII

After finishing the Bender kit a couple of weeks back I finally got off
my ass and painted the box.

I put a really nice hammer-pounded copper paint job on it, labeled it
with some cool scratch on letters I found at Office Depot then decided
that it didn't look right.

For some reason copper didn't look right.

Red is the color (there's this pretentious sales chick at work who
spells it "colour", for some reason it irks me). It just goes with the
white lettering better. And it'll go with the cool white retro knobs
I'm ordering.

So I yanked the guts (resulting in some re-wiring I have to do), stripped the paint
with brake fluid then buffed the box (again).

I sprayed the box earlier even though the humidity was about 90%. I'm
"baking" the paint job with a hairdryer in the garage.

When the whole thing is done I'll post a couple of pics.

The next thing I build may get a "Day in the Life" treatment on the blog.

1 comment:

LisaPal said...

Looking forward to seeing the pics. (Unless she was from the UK, the colour thing would irk me too. )