Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Wheeling and/or dealing...

After building the Tonebent! Fuzz I'm already itching to build another box. The only prob is that I can't justify paying $75 for another kit.

Hmmm...

What about that guitar playing son I have? He's been looking for a delay. Maybe he could buy my Danelectro PB&J Delay?

Yeah, that's it.

So today I went up to the boy and told him I'd part ways with the PB&J for only $50. Now before you think that I'm taking advantage of the boy, let it be known that he's getting a good deal. New they cost about $65 new and mine's never been out of the house. Finding one that is as good as new in the real world for the same price would be pretty hard.

So if he decides to buy the my old delay I'll be able to get the DD80 kit.

It's not a bad little box with about 600ms of delay which can be modded to 1200ms with just the change of a pot. The 1200ms mod starts to sound lo-fi but that's a sound I'll prolly use. I've always liked that kind of thing. There's also a "self-oscillation" mod that causes the effect to feedback on itself with really strange results.

It's a harder build than the Tonebent! Fuzz with ICs and stuff but I think I can build it if I go slow.

I learned a few things from the last box.

This time I'll paint the box first.

And let it dry so I don't put permanent fingerprints in the finish.

Oh, and I'll actually have an idea for the finish before I pick up the spray paint.

No comments: