Monday, July 11, 2005

Listen to me!!!


Not to me actually but to my Pirate Radio Station!!!

THESE GUYS have figured out how to get a little more distance and power from their iTrip FM transmitter and iPod setup so that they can actually overide other stations signals. While not truly "Pirate Radio" it still seems fun.

The hack involves voiding the warranty of your iTrip so I prolly won't be doing it, I'm a cheap bastard. Maybe I can find one cheap on ebay so I can force all of my music on unsuspecting gridlockers.

:insert evil laugh here:

:and here:

1 comment:

LisaPal said...

When I was a kid, my dad, a man who had a great affection for building electronic gadgets, built me an FM transsmitter that could do the same thing. (You could select the broadcast frequency.) I was about 7 years old and I had great fun broadcasting fantastic stories that I made up about all kinds of crazy things. I could put the radio on very low in the next room and hear myself coming through. We called one of the neighbors who confirmed that my braodcast made it more than 100 yards from the house, No one complained, Maybe they found my very creative stories more amusing and entertaining than the radio content.

Given today's radio content, I'd definitely welcome a pirate braodcast.

Power to the People!