Wednesday, December 08, 2004

What to do.

I'm in a mood of wanting to create. I have no idea what but I feel the
need to make something that wasn't.

In a way this blog is a sort of stop-gap, a way to take the edge off
the urge for days at a time but the urge comes back. Always a bit
stronger than before.

So what to do?

I have an idea for a short film/video that I should hammer out. But
after the script is done I'd have to find actors and crew then I'd
actually have to edit the thing. No instant gratification here.

I could throw a band together like I've been threatening for months,
though I've lost contact with the players I have that special
connection with. But I could start those wheels rolling.

In a way I'm a little jealous of my wife Mary. She's a writer. Not in
the sense that she can string words together, but in the way stories
roll around in her head trying to be told. She doesn't need others for
her art/work. She can write anywhere without having to lean on others.

And even though I need others for it, I want the band thing the most.

I need a lyricist in a bad way. I have songs that need words.

No comments: