Thursday, May 26, 2005

Baston de mando Musical

Thanks to thin I got tagged with the Musical Baton.

It got me to thinking about music again. I've always had music in my life and at different times it has made me feel just about every emotion available to mankind. I've been in awe of a simple chime, angered by "product" and inspired to right better music of my own after the jealousy of hearing something truly grand has left my body.

I'm always surprised when I meet a person who doesn't like music. I'm not talking about people don't enjoy music, but people who have no time for music at all. They can't hear what the hoo haw is all about. I don't think these people read fiction either.

The links below are to the iTunes music store, so if you want them to work go to Apple.com and download iTunes asap.

So without further rambling, here we go...

TOTAL VOLUME OF MUSIC:

I have about 300 CDs and around 70 LPs. I had about 500 LPs but most of them were stolen in a move. I lost about 50 irreplaceable 7" singles of early 80s Austin Punk in the same move.

I have over 2,000 songs on my 3rd gen 10gb iPod with a fair amount of audiobooks taking space from music.

I don't keep very much muzak on my computer because it's on CD, still there's about 10gb there. Hmmm...

LAST CD I BOUGHT:

I can't really can't remember the last CD I purchased. I think it was Green Day's American Idiot.

SONG PLAYING RIGHT NOW:

None. I hear songs in my head all the time though.

Just for grins I opened iTunes and scrolled with my eyes closed, hit the space bar and TV by Big Boys.


FIVE SONGS I LISTEN TO A LOT OR MEAN A LOT TO ME:
(this list is subject to change without warning)

Wilco - At least that's what you said

JET - Get what you need

Django Reinhardt - Nuages

Smashing Pumpkins - Soma

Ramones - 53rd & 3rd


FIVE PEOPLE TO WHOM I'M PASSING THE BATON:

Lisa
Ephemenate Richard
Lupercus
MrMacman
Big V Dog


Music is the mathematical expression of emotion.

5 comments:

Richard said...

Hey! I'm pretty certain I've been insulted. But, insults aside, I take the musical baton tomarrow when I feel a bit better, but I find it interesting that we have a similar number of CD's mines at bit less than 300.

Anonymous said...

I've been re-thinking this baton thing, and I think it should only be passed on to one other person at a time. What kind of relay race passes batons to five other people at a time?

So anyway, if you want, pass that along. I'm telling everyone I invited.

-thin

pi22seven said...

Ahhh Richard, just some good natured ribbing. ;-)

As thin has said, you don't need to send this out to 5 people. Just one will be fine.

pi22seven said...

Hmmm...

I need to re-tweek my template so peoples names show up.

LisaPal said...

Ohhhh. I just noticed the above referenced insult to Richard. I have to admit, it's clever, if inaccurate.

I'd like to add something to the menu: How about including the first recorded music you bought with your own money? (How old were you and what did you buy?)

I'm going to have to get to work on this tomorrow. (Or I guess I shoud say "later today" now.