Friday, May 20, 2005

The Fall Schedule

As we all know, Fall is when the TV industry debuts it's replacement shows.
epguides.com
has very thorough color-coded guide for next Fall's lineup.

I had a chance to see the pilot for "Everybody Loves Raymond" when I was in L.A. about 10 1/2 years ago for CBS's Star Weekend.

Star Weekend is a chance for network affiliate news reporters to meet/interview the network's TV stars and wanna-be stars before the Fall season. I got to meet Ray Romano and he was a very nice guy, but I thought the pilot was crap. There just seemed to be too much yelling, especially from the mom.

I thought for sure it was gonna tank. I was wrong in a very big way.

I have no idea what's going to succeed this year but it'll prolly be something that I think sucks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am once again thrilled with ABC's handling of the shows I like (or still want to like, anyway). They've put Alias on Thursday night against Survivor...I'm sure that's going to be a ratings winner.

I'm also pleased to see that they're keeping Wife Swap.

-thin

Anonymous said...

Ghost Whisperer is also one that seems like a can't-miss show for sure. You've got Jennifer Love Hewitt, who has sucked in every role of hers I've seen, in a show that sounds like a knock-off of The Sixth Sense and has what may be the stupidest title of any of the new shows.

I think you should get a betting pool going here on what's gonna live and what's gonna tank.

-thin

Richard said...

I'm in for the pool once pi sets it up.