Monday, July 26, 2004

Almost normal.

This is the first night in a long time that things have felt even
halfway normal.

Josh is in the red room playing his Strat through my gear. He sounds
pretty good. He needed something besides video games to do indoors.
And it's a scientific fact that you can pick up more girls playing
guitar than you can playing video games. I should know, that's how I
met Mary. ;-)

Mary's at a BBQ/party being thrown for the lucky defectors from her
school. One of the leftbehinds is throwing it. I'm jealous because of
the whole BBQ thing. They're prolly burning their old school shirts
right now.

Mary really needed a night away from the nursing home. The hospital
suggested hospice services and Mary and I tried to explain what that
meant to her mom, but she is still in denial.

Things are about as normal as can be expected.

What a way to start my vacation. That sounds kind of shitty, but all I
want to do right now is sleep.

No comments: