Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Don't let us down.

The DNC is on. And I don't give a flying fuck at a rolling donut.

I vowed to become more informed and more involved in my nation's
electoral process, but just hasn't happened.

I used to be informed. I used to be involved.

It's not that I don't care; what kind of person wouldn't care about his future?

No, I care. But at the end of the day do I care enough to learn the
issues? Obviously I know the issues. They're pretty big. It's hard to
miss them.

I think the problem is that I have yet in my adult life to see a
candidate that I can truly get behind.

None.

Part of the problem is that I look back on history and see great
men/women doing great things. Today they are missing. Where are the
Trumans? Where are the Roosevelts? Lincolns? Jeffersons?

Are they around anymore? I don't think so.

I think todays' candidates are "most likely to wins" based on
demographics of what todays' voters want and how well they'll play the
game once they get in.

I don't know if it even matters who gets the big job anymore.

That being said I'll probably pull the Kerry lever. Not so much
because I am behind the man, but because I can't stand what Bush has
done to the world. the world my family lives in. The world my son will
inherit.

Mr. Kerry, when/if you get the job, don't let us down. We're quite
literally banking on you doing the right thing.

No comments: