Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Aw crap.

The day before we left for Dallas I was unplugging my cell phone from the charger.

My grip wasn't as tight as I thought and the phone was launched from my hand at an incredible velocity straight to the floor. I checked the face and everything looked ok so I pocketed the phone and left to run some errands.

Later I tried to check my voice mail but it couldn't find the network. So I rebooted the phone (why not, it's more computer than phone). This time the screen was about half the resolution and much dimmer, and still couldn't find the network.

When we returned I went to the Cingular store to see about getting a replacement. The store has very bright colors that hurt the eye. You're supposed to sign in but there wasn't anyone else so I jumped to the front of the line.

I showed the clerk my phone and he essentially told me I was screwed. I don't have insurance on the phone so I have to pay full price. And Sony stopped making the phone anyway so I can't get a replacement, but they'd be happy to sell me the more expensive model for full price.

Cell phones are fucking expensive. Fuck.

I'm prolly gonna get one off of Ebay.

T226
Originally uploaded by pi22seven.

No comments: