Sunday, August 08, 2004

Sizing up next week.

I hate Sundays. They're the tail-end of the weekend. Whatever you do on Sunday doesn't matter because Monday is tomorrow and the weekend might as well be over.

So I was thinking about the week to come. My boss is on vacation so I get to to a week plus of GDSA, and I also get the pleasure of directing/editing Air Force Television New for the Air Force. AFTN is pretty easy, I get a little nervous when I haven't done a show in more than a year. But it'll be ok.

What's got me worried though was an incident that happened a couple of weeks ago that seems to want to bite me in the ass. I'm teaching a guy at work how to direct a show. I'm using a very simple 2 camera chat show for his training. We were mid segment and he happened to look at the "off-air" monitor of our station and noticed the wrong spot playing for a client of his. He made a motion to call the sales guy for the account, but I wouldn't let him because at that moment he was directing a tv show and he needed to keep his attention on the show. So I told him "That's not your problem right now, finish the show".

Two weeks pass and the sales guy comes up to me and asks why I told the other guy not to call him when the wrong spots aired. I had totally forgotten about the incident and went to talk to the other guy, the trainee. I asked him what the sales guy was talking about and we reminded me about the show and stuff. I got pissed and reminded him that I didn't tell him to blow it off, I told him it wasn't his problem right now. So now I'm pissed because he made it seems like I told him not to fix a problem.

This guy feels like he's always fucking up and he did fuck up on this. But the way he told the story it looks like I told him to let it go when in fact he forgot about it. So now I look bad.

But I'll fix it on Monday.

No comments: